Request for Proposal (RFP) with a focus on Diagnostics, Vaccines, Novel Therapeutics, Repurposing of Drugs or any other intervention for control of COVID-19
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
The theme of the current RFP is:
Developing Diagnostics, Vaccines, novel Therapeutics, repurposing of drugs and any other intervention for control of COVID-19 outbreak”. Projects submitted must take into account the criteria for affordability, wide-spread adoption and have a realistic possibility for scale-up. The scope of the RFP is inclusive of and not exhaustive of the following areas:
- Novel Therapeutics
- Repurposing of Drugs
- Any other
Key requirements for the proposed technologies/ products that will be considered:
- Developed process should be sustainable from an economic and environmental point of view
- The technology should be scalable
Examples of areas that will not be considered:
- Proposals not related to SARS-CoV-2
- Projects not having product development component
- The proposed concept not having commercialization potential
- The grant is not a research fellowship.
The proposals can be submitted by:
- Company (Start-up, Small, Medium or Large) incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 having a minimum of 51% of the shares of the Company to be held by Indian Citizens (Indian passport holders).
- Limited liability Partnership (LLP) incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 having a minimum half of the persons who have subscribed their names to the LLP document as its Partners should be Indian citizens (NOTE: The applicant Company/LLP should have adequate in-house facility to address the project implementation (which shall be evaluated during the proposal evaluation) or incubated with any of the recognized incubation facility. DSIR certificate is not mandatory).
- Academia (Public or Private Research Institute, University) having a well-established support system for research. The institute should have been established in India and have NAAC/ UGC/ AICTE or any equivalent recognition certificate or any other Public/Government supported organization
- Non-academic Individuals (NAI)
- Funding Support: Grant‐in‐aid assistance will depend on the proposed activities.
- Duration: Project duration can be up to 24 months (encouraged to develop the solution in 6-12 months wherever possible)
Deadline: 30th March 2020 at 2.00 pm
Further information can be obtained at BIRAC Website: www.birac.nic.in
Contact Person – Dr Artee, Manager-Investment: email@example.com
For more information please check the Link