About the Organization:
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to working toward a world where sexual and reproductive rights are respected as human rights and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. In nearly 20 countries around the world, Engender Health creates lasting change by training health care professionals and partnering with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available today and for all generations to come
Instructions and Process:
1. Bidding cost: Issuance of this solicitation does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Engender Health, nor does it commit Engender Health to pay for any costs incurred in the preparation or submission of proposal. Engender Health reserves the right to reject any and all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of the agreement.
2. Language: All documents submitted in response to this RFP as well as all correspondence in connection with the RFP, shall be in the English language.
3. Inquiries: Before submission of the proposal, a pre-bid meeting will be organised on Thursday, 30th Jan 2020 from 02:00 pm to 04:00pm in EngenderHealth’s office with all potential recipients. A written request for participation is necessary. The objective of the pre-bid meeting is to discuss exact requirements including clarification of all relevant queries.
4. Non-negotiable requirements: The agency to furnish all statuary certificates such as company registration, GST registration and copy of PAN, last 3 years audited financial statements and clients list.
5. Submission and management of proposals
- Proposals are to be delivered by email to: VAgrawal@engenderhealth.org
- The Subject line must indicate “Broadening Accountability of Men in Family Health”.
- In order to be considered, the original bid must be received at the above email on or before 04:00 PM of 7th Feb 2020, New Delhi, India. Bidders are solely responsible to ensure the timely receipt of their proposals. Proposals received after the date and time required will not be considered.
- Proposals need to be submitted in two separate documents, one marked “Technical Proposal” and the other marked “Financial Proposal.” Once received, they will be held secure and intact.
- Proposals: The Technical Proposal can be in word document, pdf or power-point presentation format. The maximum number of pages or slides for each component of the technical proposal is given below:
- Cover Page: This should be maximum one page or 1-2 slides with full legal name, statutory numbers, address, telephone number, fax number, website and email of contact person of the organization submitting the proposal; date of submission; signed and dated by authorized bidder’s employee including bid validity period [It must be for 6 months].
- Technical Proposal: The technical proposal, a complete narrative or outline describing how the Scope of Work will be accomplished, should be concise and in not more than 20 Pages or 40 slides including one graphically designed page for the entire campaign. The document should ideally include background (understanding of the brief), creative idea and its execution, SMART performance objectives, activities, implementation plan and MIS.
- Financial Proposal: The Bidder shall provide a complete budget, in Indian Rupees, by the cost elements described in the template below in an excel sheet. Formula should be used for calculating costs rather than calculating costs elsewhere and typing values into cells. The budget narrative shall provide budget notes further explaining the method of calculating costs listed in the budget. The financial proposal must be realistic for the work to be performed and must be consistent with the activities and other relevant collaterals described in the technical proposal. It should separately mention agency management fees.
Proposal Evaluation: Engender Health may reject or shall be deemed inadmissible if the bid is:
- not signed and dated by authorized person of the Bidder Organization
- incomplete, including and without limitation, does not have requested supporting documents,
- not in order.
EngerderHealth will follow a Quality and Cost Based selection criteria. The evaluation criteria are weighted as follows:
- Technical proposal and activity plan: 80% of score
- Cost proposal, including management fees: 20%
Each technical proposal shall be evaluated on (i) Agency Profile, (ii) Idea that will include concept, execution, outcomes and implementation (iii) value for money.
Proposal Submission: The agency should submit the Technical and Financial proposal in two separate files with a covering email specifically indicating with subject line “Broadening Accountability of Men in Family Health” to be sent to the following Email address: VAgrawal@engenderhealth.org
- The Technical proposal should include a detailed plan of liaising and ground work with EngenderHealth and stakeholders, summary of scripts for each category of stakeholder (government officials, healthcare service providers, healthcare managers, ASHA workers, and clientele), staffing structure, and media production phase plans.
- The technical and financial proposal along with all requisite documentation must be received in English by EngenderHealth no later 10th Feb 2020 by 04:00 pm
- Only email bids will be accepted. Those short-listed will be called for a personal interaction, at their own cost. The interaction can be held EngenderHealth’s New Delhi office.
6. Reserved Rights: All RFP responses become the property of EngenderHealth, which reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
- Disqualify any offer based on offeror failure to follow solicitation instructions
- Waive any deviations by offerors from the requirements of this solicitation that in opinion are considered not to be material defects requiring rejection or disqualification; or where such a waiver will promote increased competition
- Extend the time for submission of all RFP responses after notification to all offerors
- Terminate or modify the RFP process at any time and re-issue the RFP to whomever deems appropriate
- Issue an award based on the initial evaluation of offers without discussion
- Award only part of the activities in the solicitation or issue multiple awards based on solicitation activities.
7. Agency Presentation: Based on the recommendation of the committee, shortlisted agency will be called for presentation.
About KARMA Project
With a goal to strengthen institutional capacity for sustainable delivery of quality post-partum family planning (PPFP) and post-abortion family planning (PAFP) methods in Karnataka and Maharashtra, as part of the KARMA project, Engender Health aims to strengthen clinical capacity of service delivery points within the public health system, particularly with high delivery caseload; identify and address demand-side barriers for family planning (FP) among postpartum and post-abortion clients as well as by increasing the basket of choices by supporting the roll out of newer contraceptives (inflatables and centchroman) and institutionalize project interventions within the existing state government health delivery system and leverage additional resources through FP-related PIP activities.
Target Audiences for the Campaign: Primary audience of the campaign are:
- Men aged 19 – 29 who are first time parents or are expecting baby soon. This group is relatively more vulnerable to unwanted pregnancies as well as this is aligned to the project goals
- Men aged 25 and above, who have completed their family and are not sterilized.
Agency Scope of Work:
Building on the principles of community organization, below-the-line (BTL) communication campaign with high degree of creative and execution credentials:
- Will reach over 30,000 men aged 19 years and older, are first time parents, spouse currently pregnant, have completed their family and not sterilized.
- The design will include highly interactive and entertaining interpersonal communication (1:1 and/ or group activity), use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and use of human-led media – Whats App etc.
- Creative and activity design should be simple and must possess the ability to persuade audiences to take decisions without any delay. Use of behavioral economic principles in the creative design will be highly regarded.
- Design and develop activities that are simple and innovative; convenient to execute; fosters Aha moment among intended audiences.
- Share creatives, activity plan and take approval before final go ahead.
- Organize a recce in the intended geographies and identify priority spots/ locations for the activity. Identified locations must ensure 100% coverage of the town/ village.
- In coordination with Engender Health, implement activities with high degree of integrity ensuring quality with intensive training. Supervise activities and solve day-to-day problems without any delay.
- Set robust MIS that would provide real/ near-time status of activities on daily basis.
- Submit weekly reports with photograph and documentary evidences.
- Submit campaign idea with options
- Reach 30,000 intended audiences as defined
- Develop and submit the roll out plan for approval
- Implement the final campaign idea within the timeframe
- Submit monitoring and supervision reports
- Submit final report with all support documents, newspaper clippings and photographs
- Submit a 2-minutes video and a four-pager campaign brief describing the entire campaign
- Submit copies of all collaterals
Date of Proposal Submission: 10th Feb 2020