Food Industry Capacity & Skill Initiative (FICSI)—widely known as Food Processing Sector Skill Council—is a Not-for-Profit Organization, under aegis of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and promoted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).Aiming at generating a critical mass of industry-employable-skilled-persons to meet the skill gap in the Food Processing industry, FICSI inter-alia is mandated to:
- Development of a sector skill development plan and maintain skill inventory.
- Determining skills/competency standards and qualifications and getting them aligned with NSQF.
- Standardization of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification process in accordance with NSQF as determined by NSQC. May also conduct skill-based assessment and certification for QP /NOS aligned training programs.
- Participation in the setting up of affiliation, accreditation, examination and certification norms for their respective sectors.
- Plan and facilitate the execution of Training of Trainers along with NSDC and States.
- Promotion of academies of excellence.
Scope of Work and Deliverables for the Consultants
The scope of this project shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following tasks:
- Identify Job Roles which are currently prevalent in the Food Processing Sector.
- Occupational Mapping of Job Roles identified.
- Functional Analysis.
The Sub Sectors to be covered are:
- Bread and Bakery Pet Foods
- Dairy Products Cold Chain
- Fruits and Vegetables Non-Aerated Beverages
- Meat and Poultry Packaged Food
- Fish and Sea Food Lab Analysis
- Soya Food
- Spice Processing
- Identify Occupations & Job Roles across Food Processing sub sectors.
- Profiling of Job Roles, including expected out come and competencies required to achieve the expected outcome.
- Career paths/Opportunity for progression, commencing from entry level to the supervisory positions.
- Identification and elucidation of skill deficiencies/gaps being presently faced by industry – soft, generic and domain specific.
- Identify job roles which could be off loaded to class X pass out with short term training.
Who can Apply?
- Consultants in food processing executing the project having minimum 3 years of relevant experience of having worked in the industry and having a panel of food processing professionals
- Members/consultants having experience of activities in building of QP-NOS and related activities in skill gap and demand analysis will be preferred.
For complete information, refer RFP Document (Click here for free download)
Schedule of Events
Last date of receipt of Queries and Clarifications on RFP : 21-02-2020
Pre-Bid Meeting : 24-02-2020
Last Date of Submission of Technical and Financial Bid : 27-02-2020
Technical and Financial Presentation : 2-03-2020
Contact details for Submission of bids:
Mr. Sunil K. Marwah (CEO)
601, 6TH Floor, Mercantile House
Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
Connaught Place New Delhi – 110001
T: +91- 9711260230