Infrastructure Equipment Skill Council Affiliation of Assessment Bodies:
About the Organization:
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) aims to promote skill development by catalysing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions. Further, the organisation provides funding to build scalable and profitable vocational training initiatives. Their mandate is also to enable support system which focuses on quality assurance, information systems and train the trainer academies either directly or through partnerships.
Overview of Activities:
The Infrastructure Equipment Skill Council (IESC) is a ‘Not for Profit’ sustainable organization promoted by the Indian Construction Equipment Manufacturers Association (ICEMA), supported by the Confederation of India Industry (CII) and funded by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to spearhead the skilling of workforce in the Infrastructure Equipment Sector.
The Council was formed in August 2014 and considering that majority of manufacturers has their Plants and Head Offices in the South and West Zones, established its Head Office at Bangalore in November 2014. Operations commenced thereafter with primary focus on training and certification of operators and mechanics covering the following subsectors /segments in the industry:
- Material Processing
- Material Handling
- Defense Equipment
- Eqpt Hiring & Leasing
Their mission is to transform the skill landscape in the sector –
- To train over a million Operators and Mechanics in next ten years
- To empanel 5000 plus certified trainers over the next decade.
- To accredit 400 Training Organisations to conduct training pan India.
- To assist certified personnel in job placements in India and abroad.
Scope of Service:
To support this growth the Council is desirous of affiliating additional Assessment Agencies and Bodies, qualified as per the criteria listed subsequently, for carrying out the following functions:
- Assessment of infrastructure facilities of Training Partners seeking affiliation.
- Assessment of existing and new trainers and faculties; employed by various TPs.
- Assessment and certification of trainees as per the approved norms and criteria.
- Assist in maintaining the Labor Management Information System (LMIS)
The Assessment Body (AB) should,
- Be a legal entity, registered / incorporated in India, complying with all statutory requirements as laid down from time to time by both the Central and State authorities.
- Be registered with the Quality Council of India (QCI) and could include Government / Private Organizations, Industry Associations/ Bodies/Academic Institutes with necessary capabilities.
The Assessment Body should have
- The organizational structure necessary for operation of skills assessment system pan India including the North-East region, and
- The financial resources to support the skill assessment system and also to cover all theassociated liabilities,
- The competency to monitor and measure the performance of its assessment framework implementation across all its branches and subsidiaries.
Empaneling of Assessors
1. This is the most crucial activity and is central to the success of the assessing process. The Assessment Body should have on their rolls assessors with expertise in Infrastructure Equipment Sector or should be able to empanel such assessors who fulfill the following prerequisites as per the current IESC norms:
- Educational Qualification: Preferably 8th Class; with basic knowledge of computers and preferably should speak English/Hindi.
- Minimum Experience: Total 5 years; out of which 3 years in sector; and 1 year in assessment
- Educational Qualification: ITI/Diploma/Engineer in either Engine or Hydraulics or Electricals
- Minimum Experience: Total 5 years; out of which 3 years in sector; and 1 year in assessments
- Educational Qualification: ITI/Diploma/Engineer in Automotive / Mechanical Streams
- Minimum Experience: Total 8 years; out of which 5 years in sector; and 2 years in assessments
2. IESC shall be involved in screening and selecting of assessors both from the existing pool of assessors with the AB & new assessors being enrolled as required through a well-defined and transparent process. Due-diligence is to be ensured at all stages pf enrolment.
3. All shortlisted assessors will undergo a formal Training of Assessors (TOA) program. On successful evaluation and alignment, assessors will be affiliated with IESC for all/ specific job oles & NSQF level. Each assessor will be awarded a unique identity number and certificate.
Affiliation Form as per Part 2 duly completed and with all supporting documents is to be sent to the undersigned (both as soft and hard copies) latest by 1800 hours on 23rd March 2020.
Hard Copy: Mr HS Mohan, CEO
Infrastructure Equipment Skill Council
No 6 Avik Royale-First Floor (Next to Vijaya Bank)
50 Feet Main Road, Avalahalli Extn, Girinagar,
Bengaluru 560 026
Soft Copy: email@example.com, Mob No: +91 96864 03033
For more information please check the Link